Jacka Energy and Landscape Rebates
The suburb of Jacka is one of our latest developments, showcasing innovative and sustainable design and construction. Jacka is on track to be the second all-electric suburb in the ACT. As part of our commitment to this goal, up to $13,000 is available in rebates for Jacka residents from the Suburban Land Agency.
In Jacka, an energy rebate worth $7,000 is on offer for building an energy-efficient, all-electric home.
To get this, you must install:
- A light-coloured roof
- A home energy demand management system
- at least a 6.5kW solar PV system
- An elective vehicle charge point
- An energy-efficient electric hot water system.
A landscape rebate worth $6,000 (or $7,000 for corner blocks) is also on offer to encourage planting a climate-wise front garden.
To get this, you must:
- plant at least 3 trees, or 6 for a corner block
- plant at least 40 other plants including shrubs, grasses and groundcovers, or at least 50 for a corner block
- mulch all garden beds
- use water-permeable materials for paths and hard landscaping, excluding driveways
- not install black or dyed mulch, gravel or artificial grass.
Jacka Verge and Solar Bonds
When you make settlement on your block in Jacka, you will also make payment for two bonds.
A $2,000 Solar Bond to encourage the installation of solar panels with a minimum of 5.5kW (note that installing 6.5kW is required to be eligible for the Energy Rebate).
A $1,000 Verge Bond to support the upkeep of the verge (nature strip) and street trees during construction. Canberra’s Nature Strip Guidelines have been developed to help people make the most of their verge, and supports planting grass or plants shorter than 50mm tall.