It looks like you're using an outdated browser.

To get the best possible experience using this website, please upgrade to a newer version of your browser. Learn how

Moncrieff FAQ's


How do I secure a block of land in Moncrieff?

All Single Residential blocks have been sold, however in the circumstance that Single Residential Blocks are returned back to the Territory they will be put back on the market. To keep up to date with any land release information subscribe to our database.

How do I obtain another copy of my contract/ Crown Lease?

Contact your solicitor to obtain a copy of your contract/ Crown Lease.

Land Releases

Is there any land available in Moncrieff?

There is no more land releases for Single Residential Blocks in Moncrieff.

When will the Group Centre site be released?

This site will be released in accordance with the ACT Government Indicative Land Release Program. To keep up to date with land releases subscribe to our database.

When will the Community Facility site be released?

This site will be released in accordance with the ACT Government Indicative Land Release Program. To keep up to date with land releases subscribe to our database.

What other land releases are available?

There are currently a range of projects in various stages of development, including  Throsby and Taylor.

Land Rent

When will my security payment be deducted from my land rent bill?

The land rent security payment of $2,000 will be deducted on Settlement.

How do I find out more information about land rent?

For information visit the ACT Revenue Office website.


How do I find out where the mains electricity and the water and sewerage pipes are located in Moncrieff?

Buyers are responsible for arranging the connection of the electricity, telecommunications and gas supply to their Block. 

Information is available on the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development website.

Will the ACT Government compensate for dumping or damages to infrastructure?

No, it is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that the block is fenced once settlement has occurred.

Building and Fencing Requirements

Are there any special requirements when building at Moncrieff?

Housing needs to be in accordance with the Territory Plan and the Moncrieff Precinct Code.

What are the fencing requirements in Moncrieff?

Fencing needs to be in accordance with the Territory Plan and the Moncrieff Precinct Code.

How can I get in touch with my neighbours to discuss fencing issues?

After settlement the purchaser can contact ACT Land Titles to find out more details, please note that there will be a fee.

Please be aware if you settle you are responsible for your block. If you have not yet commenced building, investing a small amount in a temporary fence around your block can save you thousands of dollars in tip fees.   


Will there be a school in Moncrieff?

An independent school is proposed in Moncrieff.

Mingle - Community Development Program

What is Mingle?

The Community Development Program, named ‘Mingle' is an exciting ACT Government initiative that aims to build vibrant communities through a range of activities such as new resident programs, family events, community working groups and more.

These fun filled activities will provide a great opportunity for Moncrieff residents to get involved in their local community and learn about the resources available in the Gungahlin region, while connecting with their neighbours.

The Mingle program will be active in Moncrieff for a couple of years. The first year will involve some small scale community activities but will focus on learning what you would like to see happening in your community.

How do I get involved?

A key focus of the program is working with residents to deliver a program that is suited to the interests and needs of the community. We hope to establish a Moncrieff resident / community group during the early stage of the program.

If you would like to become a part of the Moncrieff resident group, share your ideas or if you would just like to say hello please send an email to

When will the first community event happen?

The first Mingle event took place in early 2017. Information on future events will be promoted to the Moncrieff website, Moncrieff Mingle Facebook page, in the Mingle newsletter and via email to everyone registered for Mingle updates. 

How can I get a copy of the Newsletter?

If you would like to receive Mingle newsletters it is essential that you register online at or email us at These newsletters include information about events, activities and estate developments in Moncrieff.

We will distribute newsletters throughout the year. All other updates will be sent via email, listed on our website or pasted on our Moncrieff Mingle Facebook page

Useful Links

  • Access Canberra
    Access Canberra is at the forefront of the Government's program of regulatory reform and helps drive red tape reduction. Bringing together shopfronts, call handling, online services and regulatory functions is a significant reform in municipal services for the people of Canberra.
  • ACT Land Titles
    ACT Land Titles is responsible for registration of all land related transactions pertaining to the purchase and sale of land and properties in the ACT and maintaining the land titles register under the Land Titles Act 1925.
  • ACT Revenue Office
    The ACT Revenue Office provides information about how duties and taxes are administered in the ACT, including rates, thresholds and calculators.
  • Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development
    Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development (formerly ACT Planning and Land Authority) is responsible for lease administration, land information, development and building regulation.
  • Housing Industry Association
    The Housing Industry Association (HIA) is Australia’s peak residential building, renovation and development industry association.
  • Master Builders Association
    The Master Builders Association (MBA) represents the interests of commercial builders, residential builders, civil contractors, suppliers/subcontractors and professionals.